An employee intranet (portal) is an in-house network that is exercised for communication, collaboration, and vital information management within the organization. In the long run, the quantity of information to be conveyed across the organization will multiply in many folds and become strenuous to ensure effective employee communication. In this digital transformation era, an intranet employee portal is pivotal in maintaining a healthy employee experience within the organization.
It can be considered analogous to a client experience, except that the clients are in-house users. It helps seamlessly onboarding new employees, keeping employees posted with current updates and information within hand reach, providing hassle-free access to employees for protected company resources literally a click away, and fostering a collaborative and connected organization.
Following are essential to a successful employee intranet portal;
- Mobility: Today’s workforce is distributed between remote working and flexible work hours. The employee portal must be accessible continually and in all places. Portal should be accessible from any standard browser and must be responsive when accessed from multi-modal devices.
- Productivity hub: The portal should go beyond the ability to show static content. The portal must be a gateway for some additional intranet applications used by the company (ERP, CRM, HR Self-Service, Calendar & Mail, Productivity Suite, etc.) seamlessly through Single Sign-On (SSO). It should provide a helpdesk (ticketing system), such that no work interruptions are faced.
- Exceptional Employee Experience: The intranet portal has to be aesthetically designed, visually pleasing, and easy to navigate. They must integrate team chats and notifications that consolidate all aspects that need to grab employees’ attention, including emails, meeting schedules, etc. The portal content should feature department newsletters, client reviews, appreciation messages, and birthday wishes.
- Customized: The employee portal pages must be distinctive for each employee. Only relevant content must be available for the employees. If the employee has a role change, then the portal must reflect the same. With proper credentials, one can access relevant portal content and the relevant sections to their department.
- Easy Content Creation: Creating and managing the contents (such as news, polls, broadcasts, etc.) should be effortless, delegated, and should not require programming skills.
It is vital to know the possible ways to build an efficient portal considering both the pros and cons attached to each one of the ways.
- Visually captivating and customizable
- Use of in-house skills
- Difficult to migrate to existing system
- May need extra special handling for being able to provision users in and out
- Does not support long term enterprise
New intranet portal platform
- Aesthetically appealing
- Ready to use features
- Encapsulates modern features like organization blogs, social chats
- Easy integration to other employee productivity suite applications [Microsoft; Google]
- Additional costs incurred while focusing on directory and single sign-n portal gateway
- New skills may have to be learned
- Special administration required
- Assurance of identity management support required
Building on existing employee productivity suite [Google, MS 365, Zoho]
- Ready integration of mail, calendar, chat, chatbot
- Allows external application integration via APIs
- Provides identity management platform for every account
- Seamless administration for employee provisioning and de-provisioning
- Easy maintenance and management via regular software updates [SaaS platform]
- Reduced costs since existing subscribed software package provides necessary licenses
- Provides less options for customization [theme; design]
- Certain costs are inescapable due to use of external service
- Migration to platforms may lead to re-work of portal
Here is what makes us the go to experts to deliver your perfect employee intranet portal solution.
- Extensive Web Design skills, theme customization, and experience with HTML5 & CSS3
- Extensive skills and experience with popular productivity SaaS application platforms such as Google Workspace, Zoho suites, and Office 365
- Expertise in writing backend for integration to almost any application and platform and API integration
- Expertise with various Identity platform solutions (Google, Azure, Zoho, AWS, Oracle, etc.)
- Solution provider expertise in popular SaaS ERP/CRM application platforms such as Salesforce, Oracle Fusion, NetSuite, etc.
- Use of federated Active Directory login for Single Sign-On
- Aligned to customer objectives, ability to define phased scopes, and proactive customer engagement in delivering projects.
Come to us with your intranet portal needs and we assure you a seamless and thoroughly thought out solution that will reduce your pain-points and improve employee satisfaction.